Curious to Learn More?
My name is Alison Brody Alpert and BriefMindWorks.com is the web-home for my small, clinical practice.
Here is some information about me:
- I am a New York State licensed clinical social worker ~ I completed my graduate training in social work in 1983 (so I have been around for a while…).
- I also have a doctorate in pastoral care and have completed training as a chaplain.
- In counseling, I primarily use techniques which have been repeatedly found to be very effective: compassionate focusing, cognitive behavioral reflection, mindfulness-based practices, and psychoeducation.
- I have a very flexible perspective on counseling. I do not require that people meet with me every week, and I am glad to set up flexible schedules so that people can meet with me at times they find convenient.
And here is some more information about my work:
- I am based in New York City but work via Skype with people throughout the U.S., Canada, and Mexico (and probably further than that, if you ask);
- I specialize in providing short-term, focused psychotherapy;
- Generally I meet with people for 6 – 10 appointments to address their concerns and work to develop understanding and self-practice techniques that offer lasting relief from emotional problems;
- I am on a number of health insurance panels in New York ~ see the page on Insurance & Fees for a current list.
- Many of the people I work with are struggling with chronic illnesses and would have difficulty traveling ~ which is why Skype is sometimes the best way to connect;
In other words, I want to work with you. I know that there is often fast and effective help for many people suffering with anxiety, depression, excessive worrying, and the emotional components of chronic illnesses.
I generally have available appointment times Monday through Fridays, during the following hours:
- Monday through Wednesday, 10am – 8pm
- Friday, 10am – 6pm
- I also come in on weekend mornings when weekday appointments are not a good fit.
If you would have any questions, would like to schedule an appointment, or want to have an initial (cost-free) conversation, please get in touch. I’ll get back to you within a few hours.